View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillyG View Post
Purchased a 96 CE from private individual with the understanding the car was in Excellent shape. Bill of sale written up as is 13,500. Started having some issues soon after purchase....several professional opions later...BENT FRAME. It was apparent steps were taken to decieve a buyer, To the extent of different width rims on back to disguise the rear end being pushed to the drivers side....Seller says " Had no idea, done spent you money" Clean carfax. Are the any legal avenues to help get my cash back? Dont know what to do.........thanks in advance for any help.
Well,as far as it being wrecked and repaired and not being reported to CarFax,it would be up to you to prove it!
And that can be hard to prove,Ex-specially if a Insurance Co. didn't pay out on it!! As far as a privet owner,Again you would have to prove that he knew it had been,but didn't disclose it!!And then you would have to Prove the existent of damage was over 25% or more of ACV at the time of damage!!

Purdy Much.....................
U.R. Screwed !!!
If you had bought it from a Licensed,Bonded and Insured Dealer,The state DMV would do some digging for you and find a accident report on it somewhere,but there wouldn't be any guarantees that they could find anything!!

Try running a AutoCheck,I've found them to be much more complete than CarFax!!

http://www.autocheck.com/

Last edited by gmjunkie; 12-07-2008 at 02:19 PM.
gmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote