Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2018, 12:46 PM   #67
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Getting more rain right now.

I walked outside to check the mosquito magnets and there are a lot of yellow flies buzzing around. Not so many within the traps, though, unfortunately. Not sure why, as they have been good about catching a lot of them in the past. Might be the "new and improved" net capture bags the manufacturer has come up with. They are a much stiffer material, and I have a devil of a time installing them without the front flaps nearly closing off access into the bags. I did find some older ones with a finer material in the back room of my building, so I replaced one in one of the traps to see if that makes a difference.

I wore a floppy hat and my windbreaker, which seemed to help a lot from keeping the flies from biting me.

With the rain, I can see where me being laid up with my thumb and wrist injured a little while back and not able to keep up the clearing with the hedge trimmer as a brush whacker is going to allow a lot of the weeds and brambles to stage a comeback. Not much chance I'll be able to do anything with the yellow flies attacking like they are. Too bad, as I was actually getting my arms used to the exercise, and will likely have to start all over again when I can resume the weed whacking.