Thread: Emily Lewis
View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation
Default Emily Lewis

I see Emily Lewis broke in the 2ND round at PBIR during the 5 day bracket race. Until the second round she had been cutting terrific lights and running right on the number. I saw one .004 package that she ran.

Emily is the daughter of Tracy Lewis (RevXtreme1) and the reason I’m still drag racing today. Back in 2003 after I bought my Vette I read a magazine article about Emily and her drag racing career. There were photos of Mom, Dad and Emily plus the motor home and car. Tracy talked about the weather station they depended on and I’m wondering what the hell is a weather station. It was a lengthy article if my memory serves me right and definitely got me interested in doing it again.

Thanks to Tracy and Emily for getting the fire started again. I have met many wonderful people at the track and I have experienced things I could never have imagined. One night about midnight, I’m sitting in a chair outside of the motor home and the whole place was empty except for me. I was parked at Englishtown, a world famous drag strip, alone with my thoughts. It’s a feeling I can’t explain but some of you will understand. I guess privileged may be one word to explain it. That’s just one of my many memories.

Thank you Lewis Family Racing.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote