View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I'm not keen about people driving under the influence, but damned if I want to think that if someone mistakes my being a bit distracted while driving as being intoxicated that I could be FORCED to have blood drawn from me alongside the road. Do they have trained doctors and nurses there with them as well?

Talk about a perfect example of trading freedom for security...

This crap is getting REAL ridiculous....
Wow, what a mess. I am really in favor of this law, but as you say we have to be concerned about our rights. I would like Shadow and other LEO's to comment. I find it hard to believe that some innocent guy would be convicted of DUI if indeed he was maybe just distracted or even just stopped at a check point.

If a person has been drinking and there is some doubt as to whether they are over the limit it seems to me if they're that close to being over then get them off the road. Have you ever driven on a two lane road and wondered if there was an impaired person driving the car coming at you? I have and it's a scary thought.

I have also been behind cars and it was obvious the driver was impaired and I don't hesitate to call 911 on the cell. I have no way of knowing if they're drunk, sick or just tired but they need to be stopped. The last one was on a two lane road and they were all over the place. The car swerved just in time to miss a bridge abutment and I really think the person would have been killed if they hit it.

A doctor or nurse is not a requirement to draw blood. The person just has to be trained and certified. I would be more concerned about who and how the blood is being tested.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote