View Single Post
Unread 08-10-2023, 09:37 PM   #28
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Looks like you have a pretty good start with the listed equipment. See what else you may need as you go.

NO! Don't run out of diesel! It's a closed, high pressure fuel system and if you run out (or even too low) you'll get air in the lines and injectors and then you will have to bleed the system before it will start. If you've ever had to do this you likely won't repeat the mistake again.

Rich, if I were you I would get a 30 to 60 gallon toolbox style tank mounted in your pickup truck bed. You won't have to deal with cans or places to store it. You can fill it at any station that sells diesel and you can drive right up to your tractor or drive the tractor to where the truck is. Get one with an electric pump obviously. They make some that are actually a toolbox on the top and the fuel sump is built in below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36420218661...6b10e37dc58dcc

May I ask how much that tractor goes for?
Not sure Connie is going to want a big diesel tank sitting in the bed of her pickup truck. That would be a VERY hard sell for me.

As pictured above, with cab, front end loader and bucket, it is costing me $32,700. Which, from as best I can tell, for a 48 horsepower compact tractor, is a pretty good price. I talked to a guy in Ocala selling TYM tractors, and his price was substantially more. When I asked him about it, he told me that TYM has a promotion going on with new dealers where they basically get the front end loader and bucket for free to try to move inventory quicker. So I kind of figured the price I was quoted wouldn't last forever. Plus the way inflation is pushing prices higher and higher, well, I figured I shouldn't dawdle.