View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
cwbeachbum

Name : Philip J. Adams
cwbeachbum is on a distinguished road

Hi The only mod I know of is the intake air sensor was moved forward on the intake tunnel and is just behind the maf, also I put on a B&B bullet stinger quad tip exhaust system but was getting the codes before that. I am not sure what type of injector cleaning system was used by Revextreme but they told me to use up the gas that was in the tank before adding more so I would get the rest of the cleaner used up that was in the gas, The battery has never been jumped off as long as I have owned the car. not sure about before that, It usually shows 13 to 14 volts when driving with just the cd player on. Last summer I did take apart the front grounds that are mounted to the frame, opened them up and they had hardly any white corrosion on them. I cleaned them with electical cleaning spray I picked up at Home Depot that is supposed to leave a film on them so they won't corrode then put it all back together. I'll test the battery voltage with the car off and see what happens when I start the car. I was told that if the voltage drops below 10volts then that can cause problems. Thanks for the continued help!!! I was told by one shop that the fuel sending units in the gas tanks are going bad and they wanted to replace them but I wanted to hold off as I still get decent gas milage of 18 to 19 in the city and in January I took a long trip to Panama city beach and Savannah georgia and was getting 29.9 mpgs, Anyway thanks again and I'll keep you posted on the continued saga of the annoying codes. Thanks , Phil
cwbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote