View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #14
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Is it easy to do the diff? I wonder if there are step by step instructions somewhere with pics.

Scott
There was a recent post on the other forum with pic's of the diff fluid change. I am posting the page of that thread and all the credit belongs to the guys offering the information there. If they contact me and want this post removed, I will be happy to do so. In the meantime, here it is:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1337213&page=2

Very informative thread and I would suggest reading most, if not all of it. Good stuff
Rich, if I were you, I would get a good grade 3/4 inch plywood, cut into a minimum 2 foot square pieces, and use those under jack stands, leaving one piece large enough for your jack. I think I would feel safe if properly done with the plywood. At the same time, I need to caution you that you need to think safety first. This is a rig at best, and if one of our close to the ground cars ever falls on one of us, we're history. I think I would do it, I have climbed scaffolds on construction jobs six stories high with only plywood 2X2's under the legs of the scaffold. I trust this rig IF done correctly. Make your own decision about this. A good garage can do this for you for cheap, takes about 15/20 minutes to change out all the fluids. Then you know you will be safe............Tom