View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #9
RocketSled

Name :
RocketSled is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well I guess I'm going to have to stop being a weenie and try this thing. I really never run executables off of the web, so I will be breaking a cardinal rule here.

And unless anyone has any objections, I would like to move this thread into the feedback forum. Maybe even sticky it at the top so people can find it easier.

Thanks!
Personal assurances are cheap. For Trust, the coin of the realm is built on having a history. No history = assurances have no value.

You have no history with me, so believe me, I understand your reluctance. And when it comes down to playing it safe, you can't lose if you refuse to play. That's why I also recommend a Virus Checker. It gives me credibility. If I were smart enough to write code that could fool an up-to-date Checker like McAfee or Trend or Norton, I'd damn sure find a better way to distribute it than trying to trick a few Forum Members in to loading it, especially when my email address is on record at the Forum!

I wrote the code myself, from scratch, and it only does one thing, be a screensaver. While I haven't made much money at it, it is designed as a real commercial product and I have even sold some licenses to actual businesses (with their logo artwork, of course).

Honest, provided you load it from a trusted location (like my web site or this forum) it's in it's original unmodified form and there's nothing to worry about!

And so... did you try it, Rich?

Now, Vortech powered!
_________Click for details_________
RocketSled is offline   Reply With Quote