View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
c5inparadise

Name :
c5inparadise is on a distinguished road
Default Issues/problems regarding headers/intake

I have an 04 A4, completely stock, except for GHL Bullets. I would like to add LG Streets, hi-flo cat, x-pipe, and Halltech air intake, but while researching other vette owners stories, who have installed the same if not similar set-up, 80% of them had issues regarding throwing codes, O2 sensors not working properly, tuning issues, etc... I realize these issues are fixable, but I'm wondering if it's worth the effort. I am not mechanically inclined so any fallout would need to be handled by a shop. I can see it now.....at the shop one week for one code then at the shop next week for another code. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it a given that I will have problems, like the ones I mentioned above, after the install?

2. Are there other common issues I could encounter?

3. If I do pull the trigger, what type of tune do I need? I've read about needing/not needing a dyno tune to a hand held tune.

4. Lastly and most importantly, I would want the work done by the best shop that is in Florida. I'd even be willing to ship my car to LG in Texas, but I remember reading a horror story about tuning an A4 w/2:73 gears. I guess the person doing the tuning had the guys car in 2nd or 3rd and was tacked at 165! I don't know anything about tuning but I can' remember the last time I drove in second or third doing 165.

Any and all info/opinions are welcome,

Thanks
c5inparadise is offline   Reply With Quote