View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #36
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

I have read this thread and I would add this. There are a couple of red flags I picked up upon in the original add. First of all for a car that has 58,000 miles on it to be advertised as near mint is just fluff. There is no way, I don't care how well you take care of it that it could possibly be near mint. I have a 2001 Z06 with 9544 miles on it and it is in top condition mechanically and cosmetically, but it still has some signs of being driven. I would consider a car with under 10,000 miles a candidate for being able to be called near mint or showroom condition or perfect, unless it has been abused but never, never a car with over 50,000 miles period. Also the picture of the car shows that the wheels have been changed, Z06 wheels are truely unique. Blackwing air filter tells me that somewhere along the line someone was looking for more performance, hell it already has 405hp flywheel hp, trying to add more tells me that someone probably has been driving the car hard and is trying to squeeze more performance out of it. Highway miles translates to more bugs and rocks hitting the nose hence reducing even further the meaning of near mint. The air filter is just a plain ole zip tie mod, not a blackwing, also a dead giveaway that this car probably didn't have the best of care. Goodyear F1 Supercar tires lasting over 50,000 miles, unlikely. The add for this car like I said is full of inconsistancies that should have cast serious doubts over the condition and maintainence of this vehicle. The signs were there, but sometimes we think with our hearts and not our heads.

Rich, I to am sorry you were taken advantage of, it absolutely sucks when someone gets screwed in a transaction like this, hindsight is 20/20 but anyone considering buying a Hi-Performance car like this has to enter into the negotions doubting everything they are told unless it can be proven differently. People and dealerships will say anything to sell their cars, you just have to sift thru all the b/s and look at the facts and do lots of research on what you are buying. Knowledge is absolute power and strength.

All this said, Rich, or for that matter anyone else out there, I have 35 plus years of dealership experience as a Parts and Service Director, and I have vast experience as to the workings of New Car Dealers, if I can be of any help assisting anyone with questions about any year Corvette, whether it be decyphering numbers on a mid-year, or purchasing a new one I am willing to offer any kind of assistance I have access to.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote