View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona
I don't think every officer will only have specific ammo..
And I agree it is not a solution..it sort of evens the odds in some cases and if it only saves one life it is worth it. I am not speaking with any experience in law enforcement, but I do know what overwhelming firepower can do...
You're right, but it only evens the odds when they have the chance
In a sniper situation, or taking fire from an unk. assailant, the presence and availability of an "assault weapon" is a good thing. Situations like the NORCO shooting and some others would be a great time to have them...when you have the time to deploy them.

The problem, is in most police shootings and the related calls/activities, there's little if any warning and absolutely no time to ready them. On you're regular traffic stop, their totally worthless. Most domestics, I wouldn't approach the house with one in hand either. No where to place it when the chit hits the fan.

The problem still boils back down to manpower and TACTICS

Hell, there are still administrators resisting the active shooter programs????

We need to spend MORE TIME TRAINING in deployment tactics and high risk responses, and less time in the class room learning how to be politically correct!

Weapons be damned! If you don't have it ready, in most case, you'd just as well leave it at home. One more thing for the little puke bastitches to break into the car to steal
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote