View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #194
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road
Default oops

I never picked up on that sorry. However you might want to try to search for places like this that specialize in Pontiac GTP salvage. I know you are frustrated and are upset over what has happened to you but why don't you put the starter in and drive the car for a few days before you do anything you may regret later. I know the disappointment of looking forward to something and then it immediatly goes bad when you get it. In 1965 I ordered a COPO Chevy II with a 327 engine, 4 speed trans, positraction, Corvette ceramitallic brakes, with Cheville 15 inch rims. I took delivery of the car went home packed up the family and left for Pittsburg.from Indiana. As you can imagine I had lusted for this car from the time the order went in until it was delivered 6 months later. Just as I got to Pittsburgh the clutch failed and I had to drive shifting without a clutch until I got to my parents house. The next day the dealer found that the shaft from the frame to the clutch had broken. They repaired it and I feared the trip home just waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Well nothing happened except that in Columbus, Oh I cleaned off a Shelby Mustang at a couple of stoplights. From then on all I had was smiles for this car.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote