View Single Post
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Well for one thing you're usually talking about several hundred troops and small aircraft. I have no clue what aircraft the brass flies in.

I am guessing the majority of military fields are to short for civilian aircraft. That again is a guess. Maybe I can Google that and come up with something. Your post makes too much sense so there must be a good reason not to do that. Right?
That's (one reason) why I could never be a politician.
They lack common sense.

We're not talking about small aircraft.

Most military airfields, even those in the box, will accomodate a large transport. As such, any civilian airliner short of a 767 should be able to get in and out with ease

The worse case scenario?

They might have to turn over the controls on take off and landing to a military pilot. Hell, cruise ships do this all the time!
You don't think Capt'n Ahab is actually docking his own ship to you?

Hell no
It's a harbor pilot. Someone who is intimately familiar with the waters
As for the types of aircraft, I forget the designations, but As I recall, they were using 707's in the day, 727's, etc, and A300 Airbusses (or the equivalent). Pretty much what you'll see on a common passenger flight, the military has an eqivalent.

My son has a book of U.S. Military aircraft. Shows pretty much everything we have.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote