View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2018, 09:21 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, he didn't seem to be much disturbed by the flashes. This new setup actually flashes twice, with the first one being used to gauge the exposure needed for the real flash and camera shutter action that follows. I was afraid that the critters I like to take pictures of would get spooked by this, but at least this one lizard doesn't seem to mind it at all. Connie now regrets that she picked all the other seed pods we had there, thinking they all might have been overnight condominiums for other lizards. So next year she is going to try to just extract the seeds without removing or damaging the pods. And, of course, she is planning on spreading the seeds far an wide on our property for the benefit of other lizards, too.

Anyway, I feel like I'm getting the camera bug back again. I used to do a LOT of photos and videos when I was breeding the reptiles, especially when the eggs would be hatching out. But except for the few bridge style cameras I have bought lately, haven't much been too interested in the types of photography I tended to use the Nikon lenses for. It does seem that my hobbies come and go in cycles, though.

But this digital stuff is a whole lot more convenient than when I first got interested in photography with the 35mm film stuff. It cost me a fortune processing the slide and print film I was shooting. Of course, now I am just filling up hard drives with all the images and video footage.