View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #15
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
If you ignore what the sign says, good luck...Remember that you are on their property...
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I guess I've just never fully understood this concept of "private" state property. After all, who provides the money for the purchase and maintenance of such properties? So the bigety wigeties in state government can use OUR money to buy these private playgrounds for their own private use and tell us unwashed masses to keep our grubby paws out? Or make stipulations about how WE can utilize the land but they are exempt from those same regulations? I can understand if it's some high security records storage facility of some sort, but raw undeveloped land?

I guess the people that make the rules can make whatever rules they pretty damn well want to.....
You're over dramatizing it.
This is nothing new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Who's property?
While it "may" be considered "public land", we've allowed our government to apppoint/elect a board to govern it.
As such, they make the rules for it's use.

As we've seen with Federal lands, the rules have changes for those licensed to carry
If the state can't see fit to follow suit, then I'll just avoid thier land.

Chances are very good that this will never be an issue for those of us here.

Quote:
Unless I'm in a place that specifically prohibits carry, like a bar, I'm packen. If I'm patted down or searched that's when the attorney takes over.
And it's quite possible you may find yourself relieved of said license.
It just depends.

You can be patted down for just about any reason. Most of the time, we're going to say our safety and that of the citizen (so we know you're not going for a knife or other weapon later).
Probably BS, but it'll hold up in court

As for the attorney, there's still that whole, bookiing, mug shot, bail and bunking with bubba for the evening thing that you have to get past first.

I'll pass

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote