View Single Post
Unread 11-20-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Ok, maybe you missed the point?

I agree with you about the impropriety, dangerousness and illegality of the "event." I also agree that the hotel, especially the host hotel, was certainly not the proper venue for such activity.

There were other vette owners that apparently were not happy with it either, it gives us a bad name and doesn't sit well with the local constabulary

A more discrete location would have been much better.

WE AT "TBV'S" CANNOT ENDORSE THIS ACTION......SO ITS UP TO YOU ALL TO MOVE THIS EVENT TO A BETTER LOCATION AND WE WOULD NOT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT.....ALL WE WANT IS FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!...AND I THINK WE ALL DID.

I too am a member of TBV's and no, from a liability and public relations standpoint, agree that the club can't endorse it.

PLEASE ADVISE ME OF THE LOCATION AS A SPECTATOR OF A $1000.00 WORTH OF TIRES BEING DESTOYED!! JIM[/quote]

You might look around at some other HUGE events held nationwide. Many have contest to see who can generate themost tire smoke. People usually use old tires that are on the last legs of their journey. I'm not going to go out an burn up $1000.00+ dollars worth of rubber either, but obviously it appeals to some

Thus my ORIGINAL question? Why not an organized contest for next year?

You've got a year. Put up a poll, lets talk to the powers that be, and se if theres:

A) interest?
B) room (location)?

It's just a thought Jim.

Gordon

ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK? Looks like you're shouting all the time
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote