View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #20
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 C6
To: "C5Statetrooper" and to "Hot Pursuit":
OK...tell me, where are we supposed to go to enjoy our cars? I would love to able to "let it happen" without fear of a ticket and all that goes with it...fines, points, increased insurance, etc. I've got 400 hp and have to drive it like an old man because I don't know where we can go to drive flat out. Sure there's the Silver State Classic in Nev. Have you seen the costs? As a newbie, it's close to $1,500 PLUS all the costs to get to Nevada and back. (www.silverstateclassic.com)
I'm open for where to go to "enjoy" my Corvette to max. I'm in Tampa area.
Let's hear from everyone
06 C6
Well now, I'm sure when you spent $50,000+- on your new car you didn't expect special privileges on the highway. We vette drivers are held to the same standard as everyone else out there, maybe even a higher standard because we are responsible for driving a performance automobile. Don't get me wrong, I love driving my Z and there are times where me and the law might be at odds, but I have no illusions about what and where the law permits me to drive it hard. There are drag strips and road courses for those that really like to drive em hard and that is where it's permitted. If you try it on the highway, and don't hit a school bus, a pedestrian, or another car, then you will probably have to answer to John Law sooner or later. Is that a surprise to you?
Flame suit on............Tom