Thread: Vette Doctor
View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation
Default Bad News

The Vette Doctor is so damn slow he's driving me nuts. Problem is he's smart and knows his stuff so I'm stuck.

The first tranny (supplied by GM) installed lasted about 2 weeks. Under the GM warranty it's a requirement if the original replacement fails it has to go to a GM dealer. So this dealer puts in another tranny supplied by GM. Problem this time is a wheel seal and I've got lube all over the place.

I called the Vette Doctor and he said to drop it off Wed. He still hasn't had time to finish the original work. The air conditioner keeps throwing a code and I have cylinder misfires when I decelerate. No misfires while accelerating. This has been going on since I originally took the car to him but I let it slide because it wasn't a big deal. Now the fans will not go into high mode unless I command them on via my laptop or use a fused jumper wire at the CB. Now I'm thinking the PCM is going bad. I told him today I want this car fixed and 100% complete.

Ii would still recommend this guy because he really knows his stuff and does quality work but you have to stay on top of things and don't make my mistake and let things slide. He's got 3 lifts and 2 other mechanics that I know of but he's buried in Vettes and I guess if you don't complain you just get moved to the bottom of the list.

I'm starting to get a little pizzed.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote