View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
raidmagic

Name : Steve
raidmagic has disabled reputation
Default Got caught in the rain...with the top off...

So at lunch today I went home and figured, Hey, it's a nice day, I'll drive the car back to work. So I park in a covered spot at work and I come out and take the top off the car and can smell the rain. I figure screw it and take the top off anyway. As soon as I pull out it's sprinkling...but not bad... let's go! A little down the road it's raining a little harder...**** it...we're going for it. Now mind you look to the left and right of me it's all sunshine, just a dark cloud directly above the road I'm on. As I get closer to home it gets harder then the worst thing happens. The worst light on my ride hits red and it's raining hard enough to cause visual problems so I swing into a parking lot and comence to throw the top on.
Anyone who has ever owned a C-4 been in,on or around one...anyone who has ever seen it done knows the task of putting the top on the car.
So here I am in a parking lot it's POURING rain I have no ac (I've really been meaning to order the parts) and I'm pouring sweat. Finally I get the top on throw a pretty cool 180 to head the other way and pull back on out on the road. I get 1/4 mile down the road and guess what? No rain. That whole process because that damn light decided to change.
I'm happy to report the car didn't melt and it's in the garage all wet and happy.

Hell no I didn't dry it off.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote