View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Mickey, I'll be retiring in May of next year, and I'm sweating the time between now and
then. I started a "short timers calendar" with 1000 days to go (allright......so it ain't REALLY
short but you get the idea) and it's down to less than 400 days to go till I "retire", but
boy do they C-R-A-W-L by. Our customers are consolidating their equipment, maintenance
revenues are down, and new sales of servers and disk equipment are in the tank. I think
that I'll be fortunate to make it thru till May of 2012. The company that I work for has been
giving severance packages that would put me right at about 6 months of pay should I get
laid off, so if I make it to Jan 01, 2012, THAT should be good as well. I REALLY am
glad that I'm not gonna have to look for another job, and that I've got enough money
to retire on, but I really feel for those that have to continue to work, and try to find jobs,
in this economy. One of the guys that works with me has been actively looking for
the past 18 months and hasn't found anything so far. And this is in the "hi-tech"
industry! I really hope that you have continued employment, and that the Vette, or
a newer replacement, continues to reside at your house.
Andy Anderson
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote