View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
Pretty soon, electric companies are gonna start charging ppl out the arse like oil companies do now for energy.

150 miles before a recharge eh..guess it aint going on road trips. Assuming the price will be high I dont see it worth it. I get like 100 miles on 1/4 tank of gas in my expedition with a 5.4 and all three a/c units blowing cold in there.
I agree. Once they catch on, it's Katie bar the door The trick is, alternative recharging or, regeneration (ala the Prius)

And there's always the arguement about the batteries and thier eventual environmental impact.
Hell! Everything has it's problems. You trade one set for another.

Here's a question for you:
What is the total capacity of your tank?

Depending on the amount of fuel and the market price, there could still be quite a savings in that 100 mile trip

When I drove the Priius for a month, 100 miles wouldn't even move the fuel needle

And with 3k torgue and almost instant full throttle (remember-it's electric), @ 4.3 seconds you're within the "hand them their asses" range of most the performance cars, stock and modified, on the road today

And I didn't catch it, but if this thing is AWD...well, it could certainly be a force to be reckoned with

And imagine, all this while doing so quietly so as not to wake, I mean alert, the local constabulary

Many people still want styling and performance along with thier economy.

The styling on this one is nice (been very impressed with Audi the last several years), and if the price point is right, this should be a big seller.

Now, if they would get their regenerative act together like Toyota and dump the plug, you could tell the fuel companies that they won't be seeing you as much any more and the electric companies to bite your ankle!, and still go out and have some fun

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote