View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2016, 09:15 PM   #2215
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
You may have to unbolt the motor mount and lift the engine to get the header out
You know, I've been thinking about this and I think I have gotten too focused on getting that header out, when the real reason I want to remove it is so that I can get the motor mount OUT of there. From what I have read, the easiest way to remove the motor mount is to lift the engine slightly, then remove both the motor mount and the motor mount bracket that attaches to the side of the block. So if I can just MOVE the header out of the way enough, I might not have to get it OUT completely in order to do what I really need done.

But the first thing I want to do is to try that motor mount removal technique on the passenger side just to make sure it actually works as well as I have read.

Of course, that is presuming I can lift the engine high enough to take the weight off of the motor mounts without impacting that FAST intake manifold. I may have to try to drop the cradle as much as I can too. And, of course, there is a wrinkle there too, as the pipes from the STS turbos run directly under the front cradle, and there really isn't much distance between the two to lower the cradle very much. But maybe with a combo of the two, it will be just enough.

Didn't do anything on the car today. Wanted to just take some time and think things through as much as possible before actually doing anything. Plus it was a gorgeous day and I just didn't feel like being stuck in the garage anyway.