View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #2249
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I guess I should update this situation with the drive train noise. It's gotten progressively worse, and is not nearly as intermittent as it used to be. And in addition to sounding off when I start off from a dead stop, it is not beginning to express itself when I am shifting gears. I am feeling a very pronounced sort of vibration when I put the shifter into gear. Honestly, if it turns out to be a transmission problem instead of a clutch problem, I won't be real surprised.

I really don't even want to drive the car any longer, as the noise is not only just really irritating, but when I take it to the local car show, it's downright embarrassing. Connie has commented that it embarrasses her too, so it's time to either get this fixed, or sell it. Would hate to sell it after all I've been through with it, and it runs extremely strong otherwise, but if I don't want to drive it, then what is the sense of keeping it? So it is just time to do something about it.

Anyway, call me a weenie for not wanting to do this myself, but I've asked Greg at AntiVenom if he could take a look and tackle this problem for me. He said that he would, but he's not sure when as he already has 6 prior jobs he has to get out of the way first. Yeah, I know, I bought transmission jacks and have a lift and all that, but it would be just Connie and myself doing the job, and I am just VERY reluctant for us to be handling that much weight when the drivetrain comes out of the car. I sure as heck don't want one of us to get injured in the process, because at our age, it could be a serious injury that could affect us perhaps permanently and put a real damper on our remaining retirement years. Just doesn't make sense at this stage in our lives to take this sort of risk. I'm sure it will be more money than I would like to put into this car again, and it is coming out of my social security checks now, but I guess it just is what it is. The smart thing would be to just sell it, but obviously I haven't made a lot of smart decisions when it came to that car.

Honestly, I'm still not exactly sure where Greg's new shop is located, however. I've got his new address, and tried to locate it on Google Maps, but darn if I can see any indication of it on a road map, satellite image, or ground view. He says it is behind Stingray's Bar and Grille, so at least I have a landmark to look for. Hopefully there is a sign on the building or nearby somewhere.

I'm trying to get a rough idea from Greg as to when he thinks I'll be able to bring the car down to him, but so far haven't gotten any reply to my emails asking that of him.

So hopefully Greg can help me out and get this fixed. Speaking of which, I'm hoping I can drive it down to his place without any disabling drivetrain failure. It's about a 250 mile hike, so I know I'm going to be on pins and needles the entire drive.