View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Unless the bill of sale or some document specifies otherwise, it's "as is" on a private purchase.

If there was no specific conversation(s) regarding accident damage, then "Perfect condition" could be construed to be the condition of the vehicle after a total rebuild.

You made a comment regarding the bill of sale and the reflected amount?

If the true price and the reflected amount are not the same, unfortunately, he has you by the short hairs (and vice versa). Basically, you could end up roomates.

If the above is the case DO NOT RESPOND OPENLY ON THE FORUM. Anything you type is subject to subpoena by the proper authorities.

One possibility is to go back to the seller and explain the "situation" to him/her.

Explain what you've found out and the other situation (if that's the case?) and see if he's willing to reimburse you a significant amount to make up for the fraud?

Just keep that information in the back of your mind before jacking up the seller too much

You can also order a body file from Tallahassee and see where the car's been. Try to locate the fomer owner(s) (I can assist you with this) and speak with them relative to the car's condition and what the buyer (now the seller) knew and didn't.

You can also check the sellers DL record for crashes. It's possible that he received a citation in a crash in the car and simply repaired the car himself.

The very last option (short of a civil suit) would be to speak (or have someone such as a P.I. do it for you) to his neighbors about the car. You'd be surprised what you can learn from the neighbors

If I can assist you please feel free to contact me. I'm not in your area but I know several competent P.I.'s in the area.

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote