View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

They got the new (#2) motor back last Tuesday (This was a lie, Chris admitted to never getting the second motor via text message.) I tell Chris that I NEED my car back. I tell him I feel like he is sitting on it and procrastinating. He says he isn't. On Thursday when I ask him what needs to be done, he says that it came as a short block so he has to put the heads and intake manifold on. and the motor is not in the car. It takes a day to put a motor in a car. I have heard this time and time again.
Thursday night the last thing I say is "What is the status of my car". He doesn't respond. He did not respond until Dec 22nd. So over a week went by without so much as a text message. He did not send any pictures of having a motor.

Chris also sent me a check in November for $250 for a "Rent a car" but this check bounced and I did not find out until the middle of January as I do online banking and there is no immediate warning. Chris also was supposed to send me another $350 for a rent a car that I never recieved. I told him he wouldn't have to worry about the rent a car money if nothing was wrong with my car, and unfortunately I am still missing parts.

I contacted the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs (DOACA) at the end of December who notified me that Xtreme Motorsports was not licensed. Chris had specifically told me he was, and if I recall correctly even had "Licensed and Insured" on their website, although it is no longer stated there. I am 100% confident that his employee Justin did in fact tell me they were licensed and insured as well.

In my complaint to the DOACA and my letter to Chris I stated that a completion date of January 7th, 2010 was required. Chris said he would meet that day. However, he did not, and I told him I would be showing up at his shop on the 8th with a trailer to take my car back. He did not have a motor for my vehicle as he had previously stated in the beginning of December and finally admitted to it because I was physically going to "not" see it. On the 8th of January Chris did however purchase a new motor, which I viewed the invoice for. He stated he wanted to avoid legal action or anything criminal for his families sake.

On the 25th of January the new motor arrived at the shop.Some parts I was waiting on arrived on the 2nd of February 2010, so Chris could finish the motor. The water pump went bad from sitting so long and chris replaced it. The radiator seals went bad and I purchased a Ron Davis to replace it and had it sent to Chris, although its highly probably that it wouldnt have gone bad if it hadnt sat for so long.

I finally received my car in the middle of March, approximately the 12th. The car was very rough at idle and need of maintence to the tune to continue to run. I noticed I was missing my MSD plug wires, my SLP underdrive pulley is not on the car, it has some rusted silver pulley on it, my valve covers are covered in some coating and are not my valve covers they are clearly from a truck, my $150 Trunion upgraded rocker arms are not on the car.Before I noticed all of these motor parts missing Chris's employee told me I had to sign a paper stating they had fulfilled their duty to replace the motor or I couldn't take the car back. I signed it only after I made them add a clause about negligence in the statement.

I called the Blountstown Police after Chris lied to me about sending me parts that were mine. He told the Police that he sent them, and I did recieve 2 parts a few days later, but not all of the parts he told the police he was sending and I have proof of the parts he said he was sending in a text message, which most were missing. I only recieved my Underdrive Pulley and MSD wires, which the wires were ruined. He indeed lied to the Police officer on the phone.

I am still missing to this day my:

Stock Fuel Rails
Stock Fuel Injectors
JP Double Roller Timing Chain
Trunion Upgraded Rocker Arms
Valve Covers
Oil Filler extension
FAST LS2 adapters

I have not been able to verify if the internal parts of my motor are indeed mine due to not having the money to spend on another mechanic.

I paid Chris Harwood $1400 to "degree in my cam", tune my car, add upgraded rockers and a double spring kit.

Chris has, before and after my car being dropped off, stated that he would return my stock parts as he agreed upon originally. After not delivering them as he said he did, even after calling the police, Chris has stated that he is keeping them, unlawfully so.

I have had my car dyno tested to see if the work and tune Chris did on the car would support the claimed output my car made by Chris, which was 440rwhp/412lbtq. At an independent dyno measuring tool I had the car tested and it made 399rwhp/386lbtq at its highest peak. The numbers that Chris gave me are virtually impossible to achieve as the amount of variance in dyno's would not be around 40rwhp by any means and the dyno graphs themselves have completely different curves.

On saturday April 24th, 2010, Just another update:

I have gotten another dyno at another independent shop showing results with 5 of the dyno I got last week, still way off from Chris' numbers. In fact, the curves of the graph would allude to the fact that Chris' sheet was fake. My car must be retuned due to the quality of his tuning, which will run me $400 to fix.

I had an IAT relocation kit on my car, approximately $80, that is not on my car. It should have never come off in the first place, as it stays attached to the normal IAT sensor even if you remove it from the CAI. This is just more BS. I originally thought he relocated it further towards the air inlet, but nope, we discovered this when my IATs were around 130 degrees at idle....

The ported throttle body that was on my car (the one I ported) is no longer present either. Chris stole that too. I txted him about this and he said Justin would be dropping my parts off on Monday or Tuesday. Frankly I don't believe him. (This didn't happen either)

Also, the fuel rails he put on my car are leaking because Chris used tape that deteriorates at high temps. Unsure of why he used tape on AN fittings...but what can I expect. I also realized none of my AC stuff was capped off, which in a sandy environment can be quite the bad thing...

On April 24th, 2010 Chris Harwood specifically told me in a text message that he would have his worker Justin return all of my parts to my house on Monday or Tuesday, the 26th and 27th respectfully. They did not show up and he never responded to my text messages. I told him that I would be turning in this affidavit reflecting that and he asked to have till May 5th. As of 1:46pm May 5th, 2010, he has not returned any of those parts and niether has sent any pictures of the parts that he took from my car that I asked for to verify that they were in his position and not sold to someone else.

Ported Throttle Body - $300 (stolen)
A brand new LS2 Throttle Body (a stock one for my car, this does NOT include the porting work which cost around $100. I did the work myself)
throttle body, gto
05-06 MSRP: $550.94 SALE: $358.11
Fuel system - Fuel induction - Throttle body
GM Parts | GM Accessories | GM Parts House

Vector IAT relocate - $80 (stolen)
Order Date: 12. September 2008
Total: $104.79 Order Status: Shipped
Order Number: 00001582
Vector Motorsports - Home

MSD Wires - $60-80 (the ones that he took from me and then returned when I called the police to me were ruined by having been covered in oil.)
MSD Super Conductor Spark Plug Wires (Red) - GM LSx Applications (Set of 8) [MSD-32819] - $74.95$61.20 : MarylandSpeed.com- Your First Stop on the Way to Performance!
Order #16869 (Shipped via UPS)
Order Date: Friday 26 December, 2008
$61.20 without tax.

Fuel Rails w/injectors - $250 (stolen)
RAIL 05-06 MSRP:$249.50 SALE:$162.18
Fuel system - Fuel induction - Fuel injection - Fuel rail
GM Parts | GM Accessories | GM Parts House

Chris agreed to, and has repeatedly told me before, and after me recieving my car back that he would return these parts and never has. He told the Blountstown Police Deptartment that he included these in a box (that had my underdrive pulley and MSD wires in it) along with the rocker arm upgrade, but it did NOT include these items.

Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade - $150 I paid as part of the original $1400. (I payed for these and never recieved, Chris Harwood and lied and told me he put them on my vehicle.)
COMP Cams 13702-KIT - COMP Cams GM LS Series Retrofit Trunnion Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com
COMP Cams 13702-KIT - COMP Cams GM LS Series Retrofit Trunnion Kit
$134.75

This list does not include anything that I have not been able to have a mechanic verify due to not having funds to take my car apart and I could visually verify these parts as not being there.

I have attached the text messages between me and Chris.

Update:

The "Upgraded" fuel injectors put on my car were not only the wrong size, but they were not 42# injectors like he said, they were stock flex fuel injectors. He told me he purchased them from FuelInjectorConnection.com which was a lie as I contacted the owner who not only said Chris did not buy those from him, but that he didn't even sell those type of injectors. Chris also stole my Fuel Injector extensions which WOULD have made the injectors he put on my car the right size, but still not upgraded.

The Fuel Rails he put on my car were leaking and needed to be replaced. He also used teflon tape that seaped fuel and came apart in my fuel rails. I have had to purchase all new fuel rails and injectors.

I also purchased new MSD plug wires since mine were soaked in oil, and he had put 7 AC delco wires and 1 unknown on my car that barely reached.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote