Thread: Hot!!
View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, sheet just happens.

just this past week I had to basically refill the AC system in Connie's truck. Earlier I had added just a small bit of freon, and from the gauges, I thought the compressor was just dead. I was actually watching videos of replacing the compressor on YouTube when I decided from what I was seeing was that maybe I just wasn't aggressive enough with the freon charging. Used nearly 2 cans to get the gauges where they were supposed to be, more or less. But at least it is blowing cold air now.

We really didn't notice the AC going out in her truck, so that just struck me as odd. I checked for leaks as I put UV detection fluid in there a little while back, but I didn't see anything obvious. Looks like maybe some slight leaking at the accumulator, but not enough to empty all the freon real quickly. I suppose that sooner or later I am going to be trying my hand at doing a major overhaul of that AC system. Never done it before, but if it's broken already, what do I have to lose by trying?

Seems like something is always breaking. Was glad to get that generator fixed and off of my shoulders, but surely something else will come along. Can't wait to see what I may have to do when I finally get the C5Z back home. The guy seems really conscientious and competent, but I have thought that before about people working on that car.

I do have a portable AC in the garage, which I guess I can relocate to the bedroom if it winds up being days before they can get out here to fix the home AC. It's rather noisy, though. Bought it a couple of months ago, and been meaning to buy another one to replace it with and take that noisy one back to Home Depot for a refund.

Ughh. Temperature is climbing in here. Up to 82.6 degrees now in the family room where the sensor is located.

Can't really open up the windows as the humidity outside has been hitting 96 to 97 percent. That would just make things feel worse in here when all the humidity came in.