View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #2379
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Another project I am going to be working on REAL SOON involves the exhaust system.

Somewhere along the line, my catalytic converters fell off of the car. But honestly, I'm just getting tired of the unburned fuel smell whenever the engine is running. Especially in the garage when I start it up. The smell just clings to my hair and clothes, and takes several days to get evacuated from within the garage. I have an air cleaner running in there 24/7 which likely helps quite a bit, but still, maybe some catalytic converters back in place will help with this.

So I bought a pair of high flow cats from LG Motorsports to go on my exhaust system. I'm still waiting on some high temperature tape to apply to the junctions, since I have been plagued with exhaust leaks whenever I messed with the exhaust in the past. I also bought a different style exhaust clamp to use to see if that helps.

Anyway, I found it rather interesting that I could see right through the elements in the cats by shining a flashlight in through the other end. I'm just hoping that it doesn't make the exhaust tone sound worse, because it does sound pretty darn good right now without the cats in place.