View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #1844
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
You have enough miles on the engine now it may be loseing up a bit. At some point and time you may have to reset the tune a little to composate for the engine getting broken in and running free'r
Yeah, probably right. I've still got to get around to hooking up that wideband I bought and interfacing it with EFILive. I will probably try my hand at tweaking it myself instead of bothering Mike Carnahan with this small stuff. Unless I get lost and can't figure out what the heck I need to do, of course.

But it's not something that seems to be a real issue. The car feels very strong, and the gas mileage isn't too bad, neither. Seems to average around 27 mpg, but I've seen it actually hit 30 mpg on straight and level stretches every once in a while.

I check under the hood whenever I get it back into the garage, and everything still looks just fine there. Nothing coming loose, and no leaks anywhere. I'm thinking the faint gasoline smell I detect every once in a while just might be from me running without the cats.

I'm downloading the latest videos from the camcorder, so I'll see if I can whip up a small clip of the couple of times I wound it out to close to 4000 rpm. Haven't gone over that, as I still don't want to stress the new clutch till I've got a good 500 miles on it.