View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Redparrot

Name : Tammy Shamblin Renie
Redparrot has disabled reputation

This was our first event that we participated in with my recently inherited 1977 Corvette. My only brother that lived in Alaska died suddenly October, 2011. He had bought the Vette in anticipation of his second retirement. He retired from the Army in 1991 and was slated to retire from his position with Range Control of Ft. Wainwright, Alaska as a Range Technician and specifically supporting the 1/25th Stryker Brigade Army Combat Team.

He had just been to Florida to visit in September, 2011 to help me with our mother and her Alzheimer's. He left with the plan to buy a motor home, travel to Florida in the winter months with the Vette in tow. Then back to Alaska for the Summers. That way he could be here to help with mom. Unfortunately 20 days after he left, he died of a heart attack.

The car was shipped to me from Fairbanks in late spring this year, once it could be gotten out of the garage. So we have only have had it a short while and it's a bit rough looking. Still all the original parts but I am thrilled to have it. My brother was looking forward to restoring it and having it as his retirement toy.

This event Saturday was bitter-sweet. I knew in my heart Terry would have love to have been there for the run. I didn't take any pictures and I wish I had. I would like to send his friends back in Fairbanks some photos so they can see Terry's car is doing what he intended to do with it. Having fun in the Florida sun.

I'll check back to see if any are posted. If anyone has photos of his car specifically...it was the only tan 1977 with Alaska plates, they can email them to me: tammy@redparrottravel.com

Thank you,
Tammy & Rick
Redparrot is offline   Reply With Quote