View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #29
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Perhaps using offshore made parts in American cars is catching up to American car manufacturers. Of course, as long as the service departments at the dealerships remain a profitable section of their business model, they really don't have much incentive to make these things super reliable.

One good thing about the Jeep Wrangler we bought, they offered a lifetime warranty for a relatively reasonable cost. Which I bought, of course.

But I guess car manufacturers really don't want to give their customers incentives to hold onto their vehicles for a long time, thinking they WANT people to keep on coming back buying new vehicles as replacements to the failing older model. And of course they keep on raising the prices of the new vehicles, which is pricing them out of the market of the average buyer.

Buying a car designed to only last for three years, yet paying off the loan you needed in order to be able to afford it in 7 years or more is a recipe for a real headache.

Too bad about the C7's problems. I read that the C7 Z06 has problems with engine overheating. I'm guessing it's not all of them, but who the heck wants to roll the dice on an expense like that? Not this old retired guy, that's for certain.