Thread: Privacy
View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #12
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I didn't link this thread with any other but I know what thread you are referring to. Go ahead and delete the other thread and you'll find this one stands alone. You resent the fact that Shadow has an opinion and posted it in this thread. I know you'll find this hard to believe but I wanted other opinions.

It appears that anyone with an opinion is biased.
Ok guys, relax, please....
Let's not turn another thread into a pissing contest
There are other forums more suitable for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Hint: You may not know the WHOLE story....
Then rather than all the innuendo, why don't you just tell him the "WHOLE story"

Here, let me do it for you.
Maybe this will clear the air, the other members (not like they'll particularly care) will know the truth, and maybe, just maybe all the innuendo, supposition and cryptic commentary can cease and we can go back to being the somewhat dysfunctional family we've always been?

Ok, ready?
Here it comes!
(drum roll please)........
.....It's as simple as this:

About a year ago, Bob started working with my company, heading up a Florida East Coast operation that I'm attempting to get off the ground.
A whole lot of busy work and not a lot of $$$ flow at the moment, but I pray that changes shortly.

ok....that's it.
The cat's out of the bag.

Now maybe everyone can breathe a bit easier knowing the numbers to the secret decoder ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
BTW, while I am thinking of it, isn't YOUR bias showing a bit in that you didn't make note that Bob (along with Shadow in his response) brought this topic HERE (even though it BROUGHT the topic here from another thread), and not ME? So in effect someone else brought the topic here, and yet YOU are blaming this on me. But I guess that's a different kettle of fish, eh?
Why lash out at Rocket for his question?
Do you really believe we're all in collusion against you?

If that's the case, we might want to keep an eye on that new C6Flatfoot character too
I mean after all, he's a LEO, he did post just after Bob posted the thread, and a little before me, and he's at least in the same geographical area as Bob!

I think Rockets' comment:
Quote:
I'm a little confused Rich. I apologize, but I wonder why you are still angry enough at Shadow and or Bob to keep the argument going (even in different threads).
...was well taken.

I'd like to know too?
Why continue to lash out and make snide comments?

As for the topic, it was Bob's choice. I had nothing to do with it and no prior knowledge.

It's simple.
For whatever reason, Bob posted a legitmate question in the form of a thread.
He placed the thread in the correct location, didn't point fingers, and left it open ended, requesting our opinions on the matter.

Rocket would have had no way of knowing (or reason to believe) that Bob had any other "motive" than to ask a question and await a response. If nothing else, it's traffic
There really doesn't need to be a "motive" behind everything.

I'm not sure how you came about the conclusion that "it (who is "it" BTW?) brought the topic" from another thread?
You're claiming that "someone brought the topic" here.
Isn't that what the board is for?
Topics?

To clear the air even more, Bob doesn't consult me on non-work related matters.And he danged sure doesn't consult me prior to posting!
He has this thing called...uh, what was it?
Oh yea, FREE WILL, which in theological terms is simply the ability to make ones own decisions and screwup at will

As for my response, it was just that, a response.
Nothing more "sinister" than that.
Just my "opinion" on privacy matters.

The way it works for me these days, is I log in, hit "new posts", check out the board for anything I want to respond to, then log off and go back to work.
I no longer remain logged in 24/7.

In this one, after quite a bit of thought, I gave him my "opinion" on the matter and left it at that.
I even considered not posting in the thread at all because I was afraid my appearance there might lead to just this sort of response.

It was you that responded, totally off topic, with the "lockstep" remark.
Was it necessary?

For the record, when Bob and I do have conversations, they generally go something like this:

I contact him when we have work in the area, and he contacts me with problems.
I contact him with legal matters and policy changes, and he complies. Pretty simple.
He contacts me with questions and I provide answers.
Other than that, our conversations generally hinge on business growth and marketing....pretty heady stuff right there

So to imply that there's any collusion between Bob and myself, or any other member of this website, for any ulterior motive, is pure nonsense!
It's simply not happening.

Thanks for listening.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Last edited by Shadow; 03-02-2011 at 08:16 AM.