Quote:
Welcome! You have entered [The Lobby] at 3:07 pm
[Rich Z] 3:07 pm: Hey!
[Rich Z] 3:09 pm: Bailed already?
[] 3:09 pm: and a hello to you
[Rich Z] 3:09 pm: Think we'll ever get anyone else to join us>
[] 3:09 pm: playing my facebook game awaiting others
[] 3:09 pm: hard to say
[Rich Z] 3:10 pm: I almost forgot. Was playing with a flight simulator for quadcopters.
[] 3:10 pm: i would send emails to the last people on the board in 24 hours thing
[] 3:10 pm: take a little work digging up their emails
[Rich Z] 3:10 pm: Got a small one and thinking about a larger one someday soon
[] 3:10 pm: hmm
[] 3:10 pm: i've been looking more into sts
[] 3:10 pm: hard to find a dealer
[] 3:11 pm: sts website lists 7600 for a setup
[Rich Z] 3:11 pm: I think if a really exciting topic was offered, maybe that would work. But a general invite? Not sure..
[Rich Z] 3:11 pm: I got mine from a guy in Georgia who bought it for a client who bailed out on it. I think the price was around $6K if I remember correctly.
[] 3:12 pm: eh staret somewhere. just email them with the link to the chatroom thread
[] 3:12 pm: invite them for their input
[Rich Z] 3:12 pm: Greg at AntiVenom installed the system for me.
[] 3:13 pm: place in bradenton will install and tune an A&A supercharger for 6k
[] 3:13 pm: for that price hard to beat
[Rich Z] 3:13 pm: I believe the price was something like $8K for the install and tune. Been a while, so details are fading.
[] 3:14 pm: i just can't justify 2k for about 30 more hp
[Rich Z] 3:15 pm: The centrifugal superchargers seemed to fill up the engine bay quite a bit. Won't things have to be relocated? A/C and/or alternator?
[] 3:16 pm: nope
[] 3:17 pm: http://www.aacorvette.com/blog/wp-co...iwi-c5-z06.jpg
[Rich Z] 3:17 pm: I'm surprised. It sure looks crowded next to the engine.
[Rich Z] 3:18 pm: How much HP will the A&A add?
[] 3:18 pm: http://xtrememotorsportsracing.com/x...2-1024x682.jpg
[] 3:19 pm: one car went from 317 to498
[] 3:19 pm: i have 317 now
[Rich Z] 3:20 pm: Seems to me I contacted A&A about that tubing going across the radiator when I was looking for a solution to my dilemma. I don
[] 3:20 pm: so about 180
[Rich Z] 3:20 pm: I don't recall them ever getting back to me.
[] 3:20 pm: and that SC is self contained
[Rich Z] 3:20 pm: That's a pretty good increase. Is it across the band or sharp peak at higher RPM?
[] 3:21 pm: i'd have to try and find the dyno
[] 3:21 pm: i'm it gets peaky in the upper rpms
[] 3:21 pm: im sure
[] 3:22 pm: Average increase TO THE REAR WHEELS is approximately 175 RWHP! No other modification, in this price range, even comes close
[Rich Z] 3:22 pm: I'd be curious to see if it suffers from heat soaking. Compressing air tends to get hot and metal casings will hold the heat. But I think any charger will do that.
[] 3:22 pm: cheapest i could get a SC was 5150
[] 3:22 pm: so 6k for that place to install and tune is a deal
[] 3:22 pm: comes with intercoole
[] 3:23 pm: can add meth kit
[Rich Z] 3:23 pm: $6K is the price for the hardware, install, and tune?
[] 3:23 pm: yep
[Rich Z] 3:24 pm: I need to look up what AntiVenom charged me for the install. Thinking about it $8K seems to be REALLY steep, so maybe I'm wrong...
[] 3:24 pm: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...n-special.html
[] 3:24 pm: oops they are selling ECS
[Rich Z] 3:25 pm: Sheesh, that was too easy. Greg charged me $2400 to do the install and tune using the hardware I bought elsewhere. Likely it would have been cheaper as a package deal.
[] 3:25 pm: they use paxton where A&A uses vortech
[] 3:26 pm: east coast supercharging
[Rich Z] 3:26 pm: Oh, I also had a set of gauges and the pod installed too.
[] 3:27 pm: http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=268
[] 3:27 pm: they sell for 5900
[] 3:27 pm: so 95 bucks i get the rest
[Rich Z] 3:27 pm: I guess you just need to make a grid of pluses and minuses and compare apples to apples in relation to what you want from it all.
[] 3:29 pm: so far the best overall
[Rich Z] 3:29 pm: I had my STS installed back in October, 2006 and all things considered, I think I would still go the same route if I had to do it all over again.
[] 3:29 pm: i'b be happy with either
[Rich Z] 3:29 pm: But I would probably install it myself this time around.
[] 3:31 pm: talked to local shop wanted about 1800 to install sts and 1200 to install SC
[] 3:32 pm: then i found that thread
[Rich Z] 3:34 pm: Maybe they'll give an even better price the closer it gets to Christmas and the end of the year.
[] 3:34 pm: of for 17.00 this http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-INTAKE-S...cb6abb&vxp=mtr
[] 3:35 pm: 115.00 this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Ele...0ab3c1&vxp=mtr
[Rich Z] 3:35 pm: :clap: Looks like you found the best buck for the money right there..... LOL!
[Rich Z] 3:36 pm: Or is that bang for the buck? 8s
[] 3:36 pm: i might spring for the 115.00 one
[] 3:36 pm: looks more real
[] 3:36 pm: or get both and have sequential
[Rich Z] 3:37 pm: I wonder if anyone actually bought one of those things really expecting it to work?
[Rich Z] 3:37 pm: Might as well just go ahead and hook up a leaf blower to the throttle body input....
[] 3:38 pm: yess the import crowd is so gullible
[] 3:38 pm: omg did you ever see the video where some kids did the leaf blower
[] 3:38 pm: pickedup like 30 hp
[Rich Z] 3:39 pm: Actually I did. I think compressed air would also do the job. Probably some of the oomph from nitrous comes from the pressure boost.
[] 3:40 pm: ive been running nitrous ince around 1997
[Rich Z] 3:40 pm: Just never really had an interest in trying that myself.
[] 3:41 pm: it's fun
[] 3:41 pm: first car was 79 z28
[Rich Z] 3:42 pm: Yeah, probably so, but back in the old days I heard of too many people blowing the intake manifolds off of their engines using it. I'm sure things have changed since then, though.
[] 3:42 pm: so maybe since 1994
[Rich Z] 3:44 pm: Heck, why not put on a super charged, turbo charger AND use nitrous all at the same time? :evil:
[Rich Z] 3:44 pm: Probably would be interesting to tune something like that.
[] 3:46 pm: yeah trying to get teh female bank financing approval for that would be chore
[Rich Z] 3:47 pm: Surprisingly I haven't had to explain too much to the wife with these oddball things I've wanted to do. She still doesn't understand why I wanted to get rid of a perfectly good LS6 for that 427...
[] 3:48 pm: tell her is like shoes
[Rich Z] 3:48 pm: Hah! And I'd be hearing "Do you want to do price matching on that?"
[] 3:51 pm: just rying to relate dear
[] 3:51 pm: hows your wedding ring??
[] 3:51 pm: versus mine?
[Rich Z] 3:52 pm: Trust me, I don't want to get her thinking about cost comparisons. I would lose that argument, hands down. Heck, I don't even like to think about the expense I went through.....
[] 3:52 pm: speaking of here's my wedding ring
[] 3:52 pm: http://www.titanium-buzz.com/goodyear-tread-band.html
[] 3:52 pm: yeah you went trhe expensive route for sure
[Rich Z] 3:53 pm: Man, you ARE hard core, aren't you....
[Rich Z] 3:53 pm: The price wouldn't have been too bad if the first shop had delivered what they promised and I paid for.
[] 3:55 pm: yeah no doubt
[Rich Z] 3:56 pm: But I was driving the car yesterday and thinking "Damn this car drives nice now..." So I guess it worked out in the end. Still got an intermitten drive train squeel when it's cold, though. Sounds like maybe a torque tube bearing. But I'm just guessing.
[Rich Z] 3:58 pm: You know, I'm sitting here thinking "Did I disconnect the power to the wideband sensor after coming back from that ride yesterday?"
[] 3:59 pm: hey gotta run
[] 3:59 pm: talk to you again
[Rich Z] 3:59 pm: It plugs into my cigarette lighter, and I did leave it in once before. Killed the battery. So I'm goign to walk over to the garage and check on it. Yeah, I'm going to run too. Thanks!