View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #509
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Went up to Thomasville to see them still working on the tune for my car. Apparently there is something wrong in the wiring (possibly) that is making one of the O2 sensors ground out and cause the CPU to try to enrich the fuel to compensate. So the one back starts running REAL rich. They are going to bypass this problem for the time being by forcing the AFR to run in open loop. Once other issues get straightened out, then they will troubleshoot the problem so the car can run in closed loop. Still hearing a chattering from the rocker arm area. Sounds louder on the driver's side. Not sure what that is at this point. Do MSD coil packs make noise? It almost sounds like an ignition spark noise to me.
I just spoke to Aaron a few minutes ago and he said he found an O2 extension cable wire that was pinched at the bell housing, shorting it out, causing the problem mentioned above. So one issue down.

He put a stethoscope to the engine to try to figure out where that tapping is coming from and he said it appears to be at the #5 or #7 rocker arm. The rest of the engine sounds OK. He'll be pulling off the valve cover to check valve lash and just see what he can see. Both valve covers have to come off anyway to check on them leaking oil.

Hopefully this will be coming to a close shortly...