View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK
Subscription sent. I assume that one could upgrade at a later date???
Actually the code does not have any ability to automatically handle upgrades. That's because I'm not using the Subscription program code exactly how it was intended to be used....

But I guess the fair way to do this would be to honor an upgrade at the difference in price anytime within the first 6 months of the current level. How does that sound? But this would all have to be done manually and is not as easy as just doing this all within this system. You would have to contact me and notify me of your upgrade intentions. Then manually go to your PayPal account to send me the difference in price. I would then have to go in and manually terminate your current subscription, and then create the new one at the higher level. Like I said, not quite as easy as it should be, since the code didn't have this in mind when the developers wrote it, apparently.

Also, I forgot to mention that there is supposed to be a display in your UserCP showing any currently running subscriptions and the date they will expire. You should also get an email notifying you of a subscription expiring. So please make sure you have your registered email address uptodate in your profile.

Thanks! Got two contributing members already. One came in before I even had this thread posted, so he beat me to the punch.....