View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #28
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceman View Post
gordon? Whic Gordon? Know alor of Gordon's, Bob.
The frame was totally saped in half right behind the factory roll cage. In fact had it not been for the Yenko welded in roll bar, it would have been much worse.
The only panel left on the car was the roof, which rally was only half, and the passenger's side door.
Striped the car, put all the Z06 goodies on the 03070 corvette as it is today.
What Gordon? Super Mod of course! You remember, your buddy.

No 7 was a mess. I'm surprised the driver wasn't severely injured but the equipment did it's job. So many times I have expected a driver to walk away and they never did. Earnhardt was one. I saw the accident and never dreamed he wouldn't walk away.

I'll tell ya my Yenko story. Not about a cage. We're at Englishtown for the weekend and I was out in the pits and saw a Yenko Nova coming in. I said to some of the other guys no way are they going to race that car. They would have to be crazy. It may have been a clone.

A few hours later my wife and I were sitting in the motor home at the fence watching some races. The announcer remarked that the Nova was coming to the line and some gal was driving it. I couldn't believe it. We were parked at about the eighth mile and here she comes. Just before she got to us she lost it and after a few spins went right into the wall. Smashed the hel- out of that car.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote