Thread: My Last Ticket
View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation
Default My Last Ticket

About two years ago I was cruising along I87 in Connecticut. All of the traffic was in the left two lanes but the right lane of the 3 lane Interstate was wide open. So you can guess where I’m at. BTW, I’m cruising at 100 MPH and the radar detector is on. I know how to use this thing and you always want someone down the road in front of you because if you’re hit with the radar you’re a dead duck. You need to pick up the radar before it picks you up.

So anyway I’m cruising and I can spot an unmarked car a mile away. So I thought. All of a sudden I have these flashing lights in my rear view mirror. Damn, I’ve had it and I know it. I pulled over, put the four ways on and rolled down the window. I also have the utmost respect for these guys. It’s a very dangerous job. I think 99.9% are good guys and I have several friends retired from various police agencies.

The officer walks up and asks me if I knew my speed. I said yes I knew it was excessive. He then tells me he’s been watching me for awhile and he knew I could handle the speed and the car but he said he couldn’t allow me to drive that fast because other drivers would think they could also. After that compliment he could do no wrong in my book.

He takes my license and insurance back to his red SUV. Now you know why I didn’t see him. In a few minutes he returns, hands me my license, cwp and insurance card. He said he wrote me up for 80 MPH because anything over that he would have to put me in cuffs and take me to jail. He advised that if I paid the ticket on time it would be $360.00 but it would never be reported to Florida. I thanked him and told him to be safe.

I have a friend who is retired from the force up there and I’m telling him the story at the track the following Sat. John tells me not to pay it. He says to call the prosecutor and tell him John is my uncle and also works for me since he retired. Well, as nice as that officer was to me I didn’t do it and I mailed in the $360.00. John thought I was nuts. Do you?
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote