View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #48
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road

Hey Everyone!

Betsy and I want to thank each of you for an excellent day yesterday! That was our longest cruise and also our cruise with the most participants! 16 Corvettes and a couple of “Friendliess”

With that many cars, there is no way I can see the back end in my mirrors so Andy, as always…thanks for covering our “6”.

I think I need to work a little harder on using the radios because when you came on after Starbucks, I turned to Betsy and said … Wow! They all made it through the light!

Well DUH! Guess we learn something each outing!

If anyone has experience using 2-ways and can suggest how to not be so garbled, we're all ears! 10/4 GB!

Anyway, it was a fantastic day!

Special thanks to Pedro for braving those invisible thunderstorms and making the hike from Plantation. Dittos to Rob & Mary from Port Charlotte.

Ray & Angel, I’m glad we finally had one where you two could join us…and BOTH Vettes…Now That’s A Problem!

Dick & Kathy, thanks for joining us and we hope you will join our group and be with us for several more cruises! I think that with a little creative decaling we can get that SSR to look more like its older cousin.

Bill & Chris, like Dick & Kathy, thanks for joining us. I sincerely hope you become regulars!

David & Jennifer, WOW! Sure am happy you saw this thread so early Sunday AM! Nice to have you join us and even tho we are a "hike" we hope you make many more runs with us.

Last but not least Bonnie and John, thank you for joining us as well. We have our work cut out to make John’s truck look like a Corvette, but at least it could easily haul one. So if you are looking for a Show Car, I’m sure we can fix you right up!

I hope y’all got some good pics to post both in our Members Only area and on the Corvette forums. We purchased a new camera, then only took a couple of shots!

Speaking of pics, Tim and Cheryl suggested that if you have pics to fwd, he’ll put them in a video like he did for Linger Lodge. I think Rob is going to do the same. PM me for either's email address.

…. And somebody send me some!

Our next event is Steak Out ’07 on 7/18/07 from 6 – 9. I’ll send the event flyer in the next week or so.

Thanks again everyone!

T M

MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote