View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I see where you're going. I took an oath when I was in the military and as a law enforcement officer. Both stated that I would defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
It is my understanding that all elected officials also take this oath. Somewhere down the line the interpretation has become lost or at least unclear in the eyes of many politicians, or, like our current POTUS, they have a different agenda and have manipulated the laws to read as they would like them to. Apparently there is no recourse that would allow us to correct the situation, as the ones that make the laws make sure the law does not apply to them.
Impeachment of a president used to mean he would be removed from office if found guilty of wrongdoing. That didn't happen to Bill Clinton and things have been going downhill ever since. What applies to me does not necessarily apply to politicians. How did this happen and why is there no recourse? It seems everyone has rights but few have responsibility.
The word "accountability" has little or no meaning today.