View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If that were easy to do, then they would already be here. I've had people ask about sponsorships and advertising, I send them all the info pertinent, and never hear back from them. Sorry, I'm just not the kind of person who nags people and hounds them for money....
No, you're not and I know that.
but to be "blunt" as you've said in the past, you're also too laid back about the business end of the site IMO.

At the same time, we also need people who are willing to get the name out there, get people interested in being here, and not sabotage your efforts.

It's time to get serious about the business endof this site. If there's nothing else to support it, then with this economy it becomes necessaray my friend.

Are there any "Obvious" links to a donation or supporter page here? NO!
Is the subject mentioned in the header or bottom of the page so people regulary see it? NO

See a pattern here bro?

There are literally dozens of Corvette sites on the web, some large, some not so.

CF sold out an ran a lot of people off one way or the other.

DC just sold, and who knows how that's going to pan out? Many are "concerned" that they'll follow suit. For the immediate future it doesn't appear that way, but who knows?

"If" that happens, forced out or walked out, people will begin looking for a new home.

Might be time to open it up a bit?

I don't know, I'm just ramblin' among friends.

I like the local flavor of the Florida site, but would really like to see more activity here, and have a place where people can come to get answers quickly from a wide base of knowledge, or just hang out and shoot the crap about vettes or whatever? Without the modding and censorship you find many other places.

That's what we have presently, just not enough traffic to support it

Thoughts from the rest of you?

Rich,

Send me a pm with your information (I don't do paypal either if I can avoid it) and I'll send out the check today!

Thanks for everything you've done to make this place a home

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote