View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
I was in Levy county when i saw what i though was 3 small Gray rat snakes. The area just about on the coast and i saw the biggest snakes up there over the years. Almost stepped on a big cotton mouth once while looking for tree rats.

Think i have seen maybe 3 yellow rat snakes over the years while living in Tampa and Pasco. 90% is black snakes.
Ah! That makes sense. But there is a good chance that perhaps you saw Gulf Hammock Rat Snakes -> http://www.sunshineserpents.com/Capt...at%20Snake.htm

I've never seen one of those myself, as they don't seem to be commonly seen and are pretty localized in Levy County. Actually they look rather interesting looking to me. Wouldn't mind finding one just to be able to say that I have seen one, but I don't go snake hunting any longer. The snakes just sort of find us around here nowadays.

Yeah, we see a lot of black racers around here too. To be honest, it is one species of snake that I am not really all that fond of. Even as a kid, I never really liked them.