View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #1379
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Surprisingly those fuel rail fittings from Sweden (NukePerformance) showed up today via DHL. I was surprised at how quickly they got here.

Looks like pretty good quality stuff, but I'll know more when I go to actually install them. HOPEFULLY the threading is correct for the inside of the fuel raise. This could very well solve my clearance problem.

On another front, the brake stuff showed up, and all in all the stuff looks like decent quality, especially for the price.

Brake pads looked OK to me, but I'm not an expert in them, and I guess the proof of the pudding will be when I drive with them.

But one fly in the ointment was that I noticed that one of the four rotors was not inside a protective plastic bag like the others, so I looked at it more closely. Darn, looks like at the edge of the hat on one of the rear rotors, it got scraped or dinged or something and that took off the zinc coating exposing the bare metal. I looked more closely at the box, and it appears to me that it has been retaped shut. So my guess is, based on the evidence, that someone swapped out those rotors in that box I got, and I got the short end of the straw. I've contacted the seller to see what he will do about this. I know they were cheaply priced, but still.......

Last edited by Rich Z; 02-18-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote