View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2019, 05:33 PM   #2362
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Was just over in the garage, to shut it down for the night, and wound up underneath the car again just checking out things. Noticed that the hose on the large air pipe on the driver's side turbo was sticking out more from the side of the turbo body than the one on the passenger side. So I reached up and found it would slide back and forth easily by hand, meaning the clamp hadn't been tightened. This is actually the inlet for air from the air filter going into the cold side of the turbo. So I tightened down the clamp and checked the other one. Then I saw that the hose on the pressure side of the turbo going up to the intercooler wasn't sitting right, neither, and the hose clamp was loose. So after fixing that I went around and checked all the clamps on the turbos. I already had to replace one of the clamps on the small hose on the passenger side, because it had a hose clamp on it that was way bigger than needed, so there was quite a bit of extra metal handing down from the clamp and quite noticeable when viewed from the rear end.

Now that I think about it, the nut at the top of that driver's side motor mount didn't take much effort at all to break it loose. So I think perhaps I need to check every nut and bolt that might have been touched while the car was in that shop. I'm planning on changing the oil and filter tomorrow, so while the crankcase is draining, I'll be checking hardware to make sure everything is tight.