View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2019, 03:55 PM   #2365
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, looks like the SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING problem wasn't as complicated as it could have been. While poking around looking for obvious problems (which just seems to be par for the course when my car goes into a shop), I noticed a plug on the brake pressure sensor that sits on the side of the ABS pump. Something just looked odd about one of the three wires going into that plug, so I broke out the borescope to get a closer look at it.

Yeah, that doesn't look right. Checking around further I found pics of other plugs, and sure enough that white insulator should not be sticking out like that. The plug is a bit awkward to get to, but fortunately my small hands and some adequate cussing got it loose. Yeah, that pin had apparently been yanked out of the plug.

BTW, the error code I was getting on the DIC was 28-TCS C1293.

So I oriented the pin the way it needed to be in the plug, and then pressed it back into place. Seems to be pretty snug, but I found a used wiring harness on Ebay for a decent price, and ordered it to have on hand, just in case. In any event, after two restarts of the engine, the error message went away, and will hopefully STAY away.

Last edited by Rich Z; 12-30-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote