View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #2369
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Talked to the service manager at the shop that worked on my car yesterday afternoon, and he sent out a flatbed today to pick the car up to take it back to the shop. So the car is headed back to the shop right now after being back just 9 days.

So we'll see what happens now.

If you look at the last picture above showing the grease leak, you will perhaps notice what the problem is. That return oil line is underneath a hard brake line and that is actually pushing the oil line against the axle. Matter of fact, had the protective insulation I have wrapped around that oil line been turned differently, it is possible that it would never have sliced into the rubber boot. But the edges to that opening are kind of sharp, so I'm sure they had no problem slicing into rubber.

Oh yeah, while I was checking out the car getting it ready last night to be towed out of here today, I closed up the hood and noticed some damage up at the top of the hood near the center.

Looks like a pretty good abrasion there. Could just be scratches or it may be cracks around it, which indicates to me either the hood was dropped when it was removed from the car, banged against something, or something banged into it.

Great.....