View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
IMO to willingly cast a vote knowing it is "futile" is an unconscionable act, and one tantamount to cowardice.
Cowardice? At least I had the balls to vote how I wanted to and not be led around by the nose by others who are TELLING you how to vote. Even though a vote might be futile in that it will not have the hoped for result of having the person voted for WIN the election, it most certainly is a voice that will be HEARD. Those votes that did not go to tweedle-dee nor tweedle-dum are certainly going to be scrutinized with concern by the PTB. The powers that be don't have to worry about trying to please the sheeple who dance to their tune anyway. They are already walking in lockstep with what they want, how they want it. They have absolutely nothing to fear concerning the sheeple possibly upsetting their applecart, now do they? Did you ever stop to wonder why they call those people with no party affiliation "independents"? Think about it sometime.....

So you consider it cowardice to vote exactly how I wanted to vote? Interesting perspective you have.....

If it is cowardice to have the balls to think for myself and vote the way I wanted to vote, then guilty as charged. And quite content with that label, then, all things considered. So where does that put YOU in the scheme of things? You consider yourself as brave, in contrast, because you choose to believe you only have one of two choices to make at the ballot? You have no other choice but to vote for what you consider as the lesser of two evils?

You STILL voted for evil, no matter what the outcome of the election. I simply chose to not vote that way, and I feel damned good about it. Last election I voted for McCain and I absolutely felt soiled afterwards. NEVER again.