View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
If you own the HP Tuner Pro and are having difficultly understanding it, Id be more than happy to mentor you to understand how to tuning your car.

Its one of those give back things that was done to me. learning to tune is somewhat difficult and expensive hobby. Just reach out for me.

Being an LS tuner in Tampa for Camaro's, Firebird, Trans Am, GTO's and Corvettes, Im willing to help you understand what your scanner is telling.

Phil
Phil, this is very unfair for me to ask you because I don't think anyone has an answer. My car had miss fires when I let off the gas. Usually 2 or more cylinders at a time and never the same ones. It was something to watch this engine do that. No misfires during acceleration and no codes.

GM finally authorized a new PCM. That didn't help the problem. GM then asked me to modify their stock tune and change the TC lockup to 50 MPH across the board. I did it and that fixed the problem. Now I'm thinking that I simply masked the real problem that they can't diagnose. Do you have any idea what's going on? Will that 50 MPH lockup cause any problems later on?

I'm not feeling too good today so I didn't race tonight. I hope to be there next Sat and I can test your tune.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote