View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default BEWARE...A REALLY LONG RANT!!!

Cabin Rental...
On the day we arrived (Aug 3rd), we hadn't been at the cabin 30 minutes when the Cleaning Lady knocked on the door. She welcomed us to the cabin, then pointed out the floor in front of the refrigerator. She explained their had been a leak of some sort, which came from the Air conditioning Unit inside the house. She wanted to make sure we knew the hump in the floor was there, and we didn't trip over it. I explained to her that I already had and it was an accident waiting to happen. She said to be careful and left shortly after...

On our 3rd day there Tyler and I went to Helen Ga for a day trip. When we returned to the cabin (early afternoon) there were 3 vehicles in the driveway. The cleaning lady was there, a relative (father or grandfather) to the owner and a repairman, who was inside the house already. The cleaning lady handed me a phone, telling me that Wendy (the rental agency liason) wanted to talk to me.

Wendy advised me that She thought we'd be checking out THAT day, and had already made arrangements for the repairman to come out and look at the A/C unit and floor, thinking we'd be gone. She told me that she (Wendy) was unaware that her Co-worker had already made arrangements with us to stay an extra night.
NOTE: This arrangement was made several days before our arrival date and is on the Contract that we signed.

Wendy apologized for the mix up and inconvenience and told me we had to leave the house, stating that it was too dangerous for us to stay there with the floor being damaged, and that it had to be repaired.
Wendy advised me of two places (rental homes) they could move us to. We chose the one on a creek.

Well, the new home didn't have nearly the same amenities as the one we were forced to leave, and was way smaller to boot.
NTM, it wasn't secluded at all (as we were told). It was in a Sub division (community) of sort, where the homes were "just a few feet" from one another and the creek was really small compared to the river at the house we had to leave!
The home had limited premium satellite channels (compared to the house we had to leave), No ice in the freezer (apparently the ice maker had been turned off or is broken), a tiny park like grill and NO grilling utensils whatsoever.
The house was HOT inside when we arrived and had only two ceiling fans (one in the living room and one in the upstairs bedroom but, none in the downstairs bedroom). The A/C unit never allowed the house to get below 82 degrees, The upstairs porch's doors didn't lock. There was no DVD player (as advertised), only a VCR player (and just a few movies) located upstairs in the bedroom where the TV didn't get Satellite at all.
Also note..The telephone didn't have free LONG DISTANCE svc like the house we had to leave. And our cell phones couldn't get svc in the area.
To top it all off...the house they sent us to, was $25.00 less expensive.
***********************************************************************************
Once I returned home, I advised Angel of the situation with the floor, a/c, us having to move etc etc. and we decided to wait, and get our deposit back and to see if they were going to compensate us for the $ amount difference, before we called to complain...About two weeks later, Angel calls the rental agency (Wendy) to see where our check (deposit) was and to voice her concerns.

Well, (according to the rental agency) the Owner is keeping $200.00 of our $250.00 security deposit. Claiming that We the RENTER are at fault for the floor damage because, We didn't tell anyone of the problem with the A/C unit, And We allowed the floor to get damaged as a result.
Also, the owner is claiming that the electric bill was higher than normal during our stay. Which according to the owner, was a result of the faulty A/C unit that We didn't report to anyone. So we're responsible for part of the "higher" bill.

QUESTIONS: (1) If no one knew (as Wendy now claims) of the problem with the A/C unit and the damaged floor, why did the cleaning lady warn me of the hump in the floor. (2)Also, note that SHE (Wendy) had already scheduled an appointment for the repairman to come out to fix the A/C unit, and to look at the damaged floor for the day that SHE thought we were leaving, prior to us even getting to the rental!!!? (3) Why did they rent the cabin to us to begin with? (4) How in the hell is ANY of this MY fault???

Below are the two houses. The first link is to the house we were forced to leave. The second link is to the smaller house they sent us to.
http://www.majesticmountaingetaways....-riva-east.htm
http://www.majesticmountaingetaways....iver-cabin.htm