View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well honestly, it's hard to tell just how much boost is being utilized in first and second gear. The reason is because it winds up so darn quickly that before you can FEEL the boost, you have to shift or hit the limiter. Matter of fact, when Greg took me for a spin in my car after the STS install and I took the wheel, I DID hit the limiter in first gear. With the boost coming on string at 4K rpm, it doesn't take long at all for the tach to reach 6.5K.

So for all intents and purposes, you pretty much have a pretty normally feeling pull in those gears, except you may just be hitting the rev limit quicker than you normally do because of the rush of the increased pull.

Third and fourth is where you REALLY feel it kick in, and quite honestly, this is much more in line with what I wanted it for. I really didn't want to get excessive torque in first and second and just wind up burning off the rear tires. A stock Z06 can do that well enough on it's own, as is, without any FI kicking in.

Now that being said, I would prefer having the boost kick in just a tad bit sooner than it does now, which supposedly the new housings Greg is getting for me should help with that. If it would put that 400 ft/lbs of torque at 3500 rather than 4000 rpm, I think I would like it even more. But it's not bad at all, as it is now. The peak torque right now is right at the 5000 rpm range, which is pretty much where I want it when I am running WOT.
Attached Images