View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #1384
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

The more I learn about this stuff, the more I just shake my head over the people I chose to work on my car. Especially this fuel system stuff. So much was wrong with it that it is actually a miracle that the engine didn't run extremely lean while Aaron had it on the dyno and just blew the hell up. The stock fuel pump trying to feed that Aeromotive pump through a -06 fuel line SHOULD have just choked up because not enough fuel could have been provided to the Aeromotive pump in that manner. Quite honestly, I am SERIOUSLY doubting those dyno run figures I got from Aaron. From what I am seeing, I don't believe that there is any way that stock fuel pump could have provided enough fuel for a 700 rwhp run. So what does 700 rwhp equate to at the crank? 825 horsepower or so? On a stock fuel pump? I doubt that, unless the Aeromotive could PULL more gasoline through that stock pump than the stock pump was designed to push OUT of the gas tank.

Aaron HAD to have seen the fuel system, as he replaced that Aeromotive pump once while the car was there. He didn't notice that -06 line feeding the Aeromotive pump and question that? Wouldn't a major part of engaging in a tune of a fairly high powered engine be to make certain that the fuel supply was adequate? How COULD it have been considered to be adequate?

Well, I guess in a way this kind of explains why after the car was supposedly mostly done, every time I asked Aaron to tell me when he was going to put the car on the dyno, to let me know so I could drive up there to get video, he NEVER did tell me. I would always hear that he just ran the car on the dyno yesterday, or the day before, and now Jim had gone back home. So maybe next week when Jim comes back I can video a dyno run.... When I was supposed to pick up the car, he refused to run it on the dyno again for me claiming he was AFRAID to do so. Yeah, no sheet.....