View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #10
Hot BluZ

Name :
Hot BluZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauSZ06
when I see someone blabbering on a cellphone, I treat them as if I saw them with a bottle of whiskey hanging from their mouth.
Good analogy, a study on this placed cellphone users at about the same level as someone at a .08 bac in their driving ability. That was with or without a handsfree, there is basically no difference. There are more articles and studies on the issue. Here's a quote from an article regarding a study by Johns Hopkins University, click the link for the entire article.

Quote:
Take talking on a cell phone while driving a car, for example, and this is not part of an anti-cell phone crusade. New research shows, however, that the price we pay for trying to listen intensely comes at the expense of our ability to see clearly.

When we turn the "listening knobs" up, says psychologist Steve Yantis of Johns Hopkins University, we turn the "visual knobs" down.

It doesn't make any difference if the phone is hands-free. It's the listening that makes the difference, not the nature of the instrument.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Dye...=889064&page=1

2004 Z06/Z16 #4 Born on July 26, 2004 - Sold Aug 07

1969 Coupe - White - Sold 1976
Hot BluZ is offline   Reply With Quote